Sunday, April 15, 2007

Madonna's Son David's Dad Wants To Hear From Madge

Madonna is due to land in Malawi today and adopted son David is thought to be along for the ride.

Liz Rosenberg, Madonna's rep, said she was headed to Malawi to "continue her work with the Raising Malawi Orphan Care Initiative," but David Banda's father, Yohane Banda, was hoping to see his son.

The Daily Mail quoted Banda as saying, ""Officially I have not heard anything. There has been no communication whatsoever but I have heard the rumours and I get the feeling that she might be coming"...."I understand that she is a busy person but if there is an opportunity, I would appreciate it if she could tell me how my son is doing, which has not been the case so far."

-- I do hope little David and his father get to spend some time together but I also hope that people stop ragging on Madonna for the adoption (even if she did give money to an orphanage to fast-track it). There are well over 100 million orphans in the world who need adopting. Any adoption by stable and responsible people should be applauded. And before you say, "He wasn't an orphan, he has a biological father," remember that a majority of orphans (or kids up for adoption) have at least one parent alive but that parent cannot take care of them.

Madonna did a good thing. Little David is not a new accessory for her.

No comments: