Friday, June 15, 2007

Don't Ever Start Smoking

Courtney Love is trying to quit smoking after her doctor found pre-op nodules on her throat and chicky is having a hell of a time quitting - as do most who try to quit. -- I quit a little over a year ago and it was the best thing I ever did for myself (besides quitting my insurance job, quitting psych meds & starting my placenta diet...I keed I keed). -- Here's what Love said on her website:

"I'm going thru hell trying to cut back on smoking."..."I'm down to a pack a day from two, but it's a pain and each fight of the urge is a little mini war."

"He guessed exactly how much I smoke too and told me I'll have to get surgery," she wrote.

Now, she says, "[I'm] trying to get to half a pack a day and then quit when I get to 10." Having kicked heroin addiction and survived the suicide of her husband (Curt Cobain of Nirvana), Love added: "I think of all I've been through and I can do this."


Also in her latest post, Love revisited her weight issue and the gossip surrounding her much smaller size:

"I noted – 'cos my kid bought it – I was on the cover of The National Enquirer AND THEY SAID I WAS 115 [lbs.]! I couldn't walk if I was 115," she writes, adding: "I'm a big girl with big shoulders and ribs and health is really important to me. Hugely."

Love in Maui May '07.

No comments: